The ketogenic diet promises rapid fat loss without starvation, it should improve endurance, health and thinking skills. But is that really true?
“Being in ketosis at times is a normal condition.”
– Ulrike Gonder
The ketogenic diet is experiencing a real hype in the health and fitness scene. It should make you slim quickly without hunger, improve stamina and intellectual performance and also be extremely healthy.
Ulrike Gonder is a nutritionist, science journalist and author of the standard work “Der Keto-Kompass”. She is one of the German experts on the topic of ketogenic nutrition, practices this form of nutrition regularly and knows the answers to the topics of this episode:
- What is a keto diet?
- How does it work?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the keto diet?
- For whom is the form of nutrition well suited (and for whom rather not)?
- and much more …
Shownotes: Ketogenic diet with Ulrike Gonder
Books by Ulrike Gonder
- “The Keto Compass: Current knowledge about the ketogenic diet, ketones and ketosis – modes of action, applications and opportunities”
- Beginning of the interview [00:04:05]
- What did you have for breakfast today? [04:13]
- Do you also eat ketogenic? [04:25]
- What do you do for a living? [04:55]
- How did you come to be a nutritionist? [05:35]
- Which types of nutrition have you already tried? [07:20]
- How long has the keto diet been around? [09:45]
- Why should someone follow a ketogenic diet? [11:51]
- Is the keto diet the easiest and most effective way to lose weight? [14:42]
- What exactly is a ketogenic diet? [16:30]
- Which foods should you avoid if you want to eat ketogenic? [22:55]
- The top foods for a keto diet (it’s easier than you think). [25:12]
- Are ketone bodies equivalent to glucose? [28:10]
- This is the right way to start a keto diet. [32:17]
- How do you know that you are in ketosis? [36:42]
- Does it make sense to supplement ketone bodies? [43:12]
- As a vegan ketogenic – is that possible? [47:15]
- Is the Atkins Diet ketogenic? [49:06]
- What does intermittent fasting have to do with the ketogenic diet? [52:02]
- How long does fasting take to get into deep ketosis? [55:35]
- How does a ketogenic diet affect endurance and weight training? [56:32]
- This is how you get back into a DGE diet properly after ketosis. [01:00:36]
- You get into ketosis faster the second time if your body already knows this state? [01:04:12]
- Do you have a favorite keto meal? [01:05:00]
- These factors play a crucial role in successful weight loss. [01:08:25]
- What role do micronutrients play in a ketogenic diet? [01:13:20]
- These are the downsides of a keto diet. Is it suitable for everyone? [01:16:00]
- The typical mistakes that prevent your keto success. [01:17:40]
- How do you feel about coconut oil? Is It Really That Healthy? ? [01:21:10]
- Is there any bad keto advice? [01:23:10]
- This is how you can carry out keto for everyday use. [01:25:35]
- Which trends have you noticed in your years in nutritional science and which have established themselves? [01:26:55]
- Do you have any role models? [01:28:45]
- Do you have new projects in the pipeline? [01:31:55]
- What message do you have for our listeners? [01:34:00]